One of our favourite greasy treats has got to be the beloved pizza. Cheese pizza, meat pizza, pepperoni pizza, you name it we will eat it! In this Fakeaway pizza recipe, we will guide you through the simple process of making your own homemade pizza. Its quick, It’s a little healthier, tastier and best of all our fakeaway pizza recipe costs only £1.10, now that’s much cheaper than a store bought one.
We love a good old margherita but the great thing about pizza is that you can use up leftover ingredients and veg that may be about to go off and simply pop it all on top of your homemade pizza, this gives you variety each time you eat it. To make our frugal pizza recipe follow the below instructions:
375g plain flour
1 tablespoon rosemary
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon caster sugar
7g dried active baking yeast
3 tablespoons olive oil
225ml warm water (45 C)
5 tablespoons tomato puree
- Preheat oven and lightly oiled tray to 190 C.
- Sieve plain flour into a bowl ready to add other ingredients, then in a separate container, combine rosemary, salt, sugar, yeast and olive oil to your warm water.
- Pour your water mixture into the flour and with a fork, mix until you have a clumpy dough. Then with lightly floured hands, knead the the mixture until you have a nice dough (roughly 2-3 mins).
- Take out your baking tray and spread the dough out thinly and evenly, In a circle shape or a square.
- Spread the tomato puree evenly across the pizza base, then sprinkle the cheese onto the pizza. Add any other toppings you wish at this point.
- Bake at 190 C / Gas mark 5 for 20 to 25 minutes.
There you have it, your very own home cooked pizza that tastes like a pizza shop delivered it themselves. You can experiment with toppings and amounts to your liking. I hope you enjoy this fakeaway pizza recipe as much as we do. If you have any ideas to help make this pizza recipe even greater, please leave a comment below, we would be very grateful. Enjoy!